Harmonia

A Forum for and the Background of the Mediation of Dialogue in Ancient and Modern Academies

Thursday 19 August 2010

Das Meer und die reine Lust des Augenblickes

Πόντος δὲ καὶ θάλασσα καὶ κλύδων καὶ παρὰ Πλάτωνι ἡ ὑλικὴ σύστασις (Fr. 33 Noumenios, DES PLACES).

Right now I am spending a week in Alonnisos, a picturesque island Northern of Euboea, which I visit for the second time. I am busy preparing my Politicus seminar and, when I take a break (and I take often a break here), I try to relate the sea to pure pleasure, departing from the Platonic view: We recall the Politicus myth to which the above quotation refers.
Perhaps I shall fail to do so or will not dare even to address the kind of “presence” with which I would like to connect the sea. In any case, I just wanted to wish nice remaining summer days and an equally beautiful start of the coming autumn. I am not so sure whether I shall write in my blog soon as there are quite many tasks waiting (im)patiently to be fulfilled …

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home