Harmonia

A Forum for and the Background of the Mediation of Dialogue in Ancient and Modern Academies

Sunday 1 March 2020

Delight, Honour, Pleasure. Seeing and Knowing.

I am delighted and honoured to have received the great news that I will be the Philip L. Quinn fellow at the National Humanities Centre in North Carolina next year to work on my book project on Plato's Twofold Project on Pleasure. Prof. Quinn was both philosopher and theologian, and thus it is a special honour. To the delight, a further delight was added, the Canadian (SSHRC) Insight Grant.

A piece on the Choice of Lives in Phil. 20-22 was accepted (by Ancient Philosophy). So I am further pleased. As for the mixed seminar on Aristotle on pleasure, I think it is the best I have ever experienced so far.

To be sincere: if I would have to choose the most profound pleasure among all, I would forget all else and choose the one that is related to our seeing ourselves, not statically in a mirror but actively in a δρώμενον. On that seeing - as more fundamental than knowing - in the next project, after the one on pleasure.

Life in seeing, knowing, acting and creating develops step by step. Continuity in small steps from present to present. Presence. Centred delight and thankfulness.


A Canadian architect whose work I am fond of: Frank Gehry. He shapes buildings like ships with sails...This is a shot from the inside of the AGO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home